Sunday, September 22, 2013

 
A few days ago, Juanito came to me with a very pleased look on his mischievous face. "I wrote a song," he told me. I was impressed, and told him I wanted to hear it. He was so cute; he brought me his little yellow notebook where he had written a page of cute 10-year-old writing and showed me the song, called "Christ, how you love us!", then went off singing and beside himself with happiness.
Later on I convinced him to play it for me on the guitar. We sat on empty desks pushed into the corner of the building, across from each other, and he started in.  
I almost cried; it was amazing! Of course I couldn’t tell what the tune was, since the poor kid can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but the words are completely precious and the fact that he wrote them himself, and that he was sitting there in front of me playing and singing his heart out, touched me deeply. “That is beautiful,” I told him. He shook his head, embarrassed and trying to pretend he didn’t care, and said it was awful. “No,” I said. “If you sing that to God, and you sing it from your heart, He loves it, Juanito!” He just kept strumming away. Oh, I long to see that boy on fire with the love of Jesus!!!!
 
 
Last Monday was Mexican Independence Day, and it was absolutely adorable to see all the little kids dressed up in their Mexican costumes. Rosario went to kindergarten in her little outfit, and I couldn't help take a picture. :)
And then Antonio, a sweet new boy here at the school, decided he wanted a picture of himself in the same place. :)
 
 
So, here I go, entering into my third week of classes tomorrow. Pray with me that Jesus will be glorified in and through me as I delight in Him and serve Him through serving these kids and the other workers, and that He gives me wisdom and patience as I teach.
Have a wonderful week delighting in Jesus!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: