Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hi, friends!
I know I’ve kept in contact with some of you over the past year, and others probably never quite know what country I’m in or what I’m doing. I admit, I’ve been a little hard to keep track of, and not very good at communicating what is going on. So that’s why I’m writing. I would really like to be better at sharing what God is doing; not because you are all holding your breath waiting to hear from me (I know you have better things to do!), but because we are in this together, no matter how far apart we might be distance-wise, and frankly, we need each other. All of you who belong to Jesus are my family, and I need you. I need your prayers, I need your encouragement, I need your sharpening in my life.
I just returned to Colorado with my family after a wonderful month up in Idaho. We went up there to fix up our place, pick up supplies for our business, and spend time with friends that we haven’t seen in awhile. It’s been great, and I’m so thankful even just for the time we had together as a family through it all.
And the next step? It seems that God is leading me back down to Mexico for a season, so I’m walking through this open door and am excited to see what He has planned. I have my ticket down to Tucson for Thursday, and from there plan on driving down with  Petra and a few others in time to get to Los Mochis before school starts on the 9th.
I’m excited. This will be the first time that I will be teaching at the school for the whole semester, and I look forward to going into it with anticipation for what God will do and being intentional about my focus with the kids, whether in class or just spending time with them in the afternoons and investing in their lives however I can.
So as it stands now, I will be teaching a class of 5-9 beautiful, squirrelly, wounded, unique, precious 4th-graders every morning on school days, leading the time of singing and worship for devotions before school, helping supervise and play with the children in the afternoon, and supporting and spelling off the other staff as I can… and anything else that I’m called upon to do. I will be staying with a family in town who are friends of mine, which I believe will make it possible to be more focused and intentional during my time at the school and then have time to rest and refocus/prepare when I go home at night. I also look forward to being involved with the local church and encourage and walk alongside the youth there.
Will you pray for me as I step out into this new season? I will try to communicate better as far as what is going on with the kids, etc., so that whoever wants to can feel more a part of what God is doing and be able to pray with me toward that.
And I want to hear what He is doing in your lives, too. Please remember I am no more a ‘missionary’ than any of you just because God has me outside of the US right now. Your calling today, wherever you are, is just as valid and important. Let’s fight together in this battle!
 
Because of Him,
Christy
 
 
 
If anyone wants to partner with me in this ministry, here’s the situation: it doesn’t take me much to live down there, but since it’s a volunteer position I am trusting God for my basic living/travel expenses, which are around $250 per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment